Re: OT: Sun Sparc systems

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:08:10 -0400 (CLT)
Xavier Andrade <xavier@zeth.ciencias.uchile.cl> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Jacob S. wrote:
>
> [...]
> > I've also looked around and found the adapters online, but they cost
> > more than I paid for the Sun box. :-) So, I'm hoping to find a
> > cheaper route. If only there were a way to get a null modem cable to
> > allow me to get into the BIOS and low level setup w/o an OS
> > installed...
>
> If the Open Boot Prom doesn't find a keyboard plugged in, it sends the
> output to a serial console. There is a debian-sparc mailing list where
> you could get more help.

Awesome. It sounds like I might be in better shape than I had feared.

Thanks, Xavier and botio for your help.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #31:
National Weather Service advice for those threatened by severe
thunderstorms: "Go inside a sturdy building and stay away from WINDOWS!"
http://www.linux.org