Re: why swsusp not compiled?

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 02:31:07PM +0200, Andreas Ehn wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:48:14PM -0500, Randall Smith wrote:
>
> > Can someone tell me why swsusp and pmdisk are not compiled with the
> > 2.6 kernel? I'd like to have this feature on my laptop, but don't
> > like the idea of keeping up with a custom kernel.
>
> Look here:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=258204
> 	http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2004/06/msg00461.html
>
> It seems like it's gone and not coming back, unfortunately.

swsusp2 which was in swsusp.sf.net and now is in
softwaresuspend.berlios.de is now in the process of going into mm
kernels in order to go into mainstream kernels. It just had initrd
support build in, which still needs some fixing but hopefully in not to
long it will go into the main kernel and then it will be possible to
include it into debian kernels.

It will probably take some time, but there is a good chance that it
will be coming back.

For now, if you don't mind build custom kernels you can get the patches
and built it yourself.