Re: Debian spam stats [subject change]

On Wed 4 August 2004 22:16, John Summerfield wrote:
> David P James wrote:
> >On Wed 4 August 2004 04:47, John Summerfield wrote:
> >>Debian is quite friendly towards spammers.
> >
> >Not true - more than 95% of the mail received by Debian list servers
> > is dropped:
>
> Find everyones' email address on any Debian archive. How friendly is
> that? Debian doesn't have to carrythe load, every Debian user who's
> game enough to use a Debian list has to learn to cope.

Ah, a different interpretation of "friendly toward spammers". I thought
you were speaking of spam on the lists themselves since that's what
precipitated this topic. Yes, you're quite right. Debian could do
something similar to what KDE does in its archives.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

Noone isn't no one