Re: Sarge security

Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 the mental interface of
Paul Maser told:

I installed the latest net-install Sarge dist and I noticed that
apt/sources.list doesn't have a link to security.debian.org.
Is there a program I can run to help me update this file or do I
need to edit it manually?

echo "deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free"\
/etc/apt/sources.list

This works only for stable which is woody at the moment. Don't
expect security updates for testing (sarge yet), though.

Ciao

Elimar

Due to the 'impending' release of Sarge, official security support will commence for testing next week[as per the announcement on debian-devel-announce@l.d.o]. So feel free to expect security updates for testing in the near future.