Re: version mess, help needed

Hi again,
doesn't the output from "apt-cache policy" guarantee that (see my
first message)?
I mean, the "version table" I get relates the stable package and its
location, but the unstable (or whatever that is!) is also there... The
whole problem is that the installed version won't be downgraded to the
one that is on the sources related to stable. There HAS got to be a
way of doing this, some kind of forcing option or something. This is
driving me mad, since I can't install some other packages and compile
programs that need them :(
Thanks for your time,
Roberto.
PS: Again, I am still not on the list, so I ask you to CC any answers to me
too, thanks.