Re: /proc/loadavg disagrees with top and ps

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 22:08, Tim Connors wrote:

> At that time, I tried to help someone track down a missing brace in
> their C code, so I fired up emacs, waited 8 minutes, pressed C-x h
> C-M-\ and waited for another half hour before giving up and leaving
> her to fend for herself :)

emacs!!  Hey there's your problem right there!  Teach those undergrads to code
in vi and they'd have had lots more CPU and the box wouldn't have been
swapping so much!

(LOL!  Sorry, it just *had* to be said just for tradition's sake!)

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com