Re: How to add new Windows Manager to KDM?

Scott Thompson wrote:

I want to add a new entry to the Session Types menu in kdm.  Everything I
could find says either edit the SessionTypes entry in kdmrc or add a session
through the KDE Control Panel.  My login configuration applet in control
panel does not have a place to add a new session and the only kdmrc file
that my system has has no entry for SessionTypes.  Where else do I look?

It was my impression that if you just apt-get install a new window manager it'll automagically get added to the list. Do you already have this new wm installed?

--
Kent