Re: Capturing all bootup messages

We really need some standard way of capturing those messages. I think I've heard of some switch you can add or line you can uncomment in /etc/init.d/bootlog, but I'm not sure.

One way that should work is to deactivate any auto-startup of X (kdm, etc) and then the next boot will stop at a console login. From there you can Shift-PgUp to scroll through the messages. (This ability gets lost if the system switches to a graphical display.)

--
Kent

Thanks very much, Kent. I will give your suggestion a try.