email questions...

Hi:

I can read my ISP's email using mozilla (POP mail account), I can read my local email using 'mail' (with exim being the mta). But I cannot send emial from my local mail account to the rest of the world or to my ISP's email address. How can I do that?

In addition, how can I send emial via a script? That is to set up a cron job to send an email locally or to someone on the internet (using my ISP email account since I don't have a valid DNS name). I tried 'mail' but could not get a message to be sent with a single command line.

I have read that fetchmail can retrieve POP mail, but I could not find a program that does the opposite without being interactive.

Thanks,

Mario.