Re: root file system has unknown type

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 00:42:26 -0700, Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 06:12:45AM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > Anyone knows whats causing the root file system to be displayed as
> > unknown and whether this is scheduled to be fixed at some point in the
> > future?
>
> Sure.  Bug #255849 on initscripts.  Can't anyone check the BTS anymore?
> The original bug was reported back in June, after all.

And how would somebody know that it is a bug in initscripts? I would
check the mount bugs (actually I had it and I didn't but I was lazy
that day) and not find the bug and think it's something local.

Of course you could try some sort of search on description but that's
time consuming and usually fruitless.

2 cents,
Wim