Re: sql-ledger and postgresql: HOWTO?

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 11:41, Johann Spies wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:44:38AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
>
> > > I found the documentation confusing to say the least.
> >
> > I agree with that.  (Once I got it working, I found sql-ledger to be
> > cumbersome and not in my opinion suitable for use as an enterprise
> > accounts system. )
>
> Thanks for your reply.  This remark of yours makes me wonder whether
> it is worth while to try it out.

It might suit you better.  I have written an accounting system in the
past and now I have looked at sql-ledger I prefer to do the same again,
since it doesn't suit my ideas of what such a system should be like.
But I wouldn't want my strong prejudice to overwhelm your own judgment!

I think they made a very good choice of database!

     "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it
      does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is
      not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps
      no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
      rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always
      trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
                                I Corinthians 13:4-7