Re: I hate it when that happens...

* Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net> [2004 Aug 03 05:59 -0500]:
> On Monday 02 August 2004 10:32 pm, Zaq Rizer wrote:
> > Silvan wrote:
>
> > >Anyone know where I can buy a bigger hard disk for my brain?  This one is
> > >getting bad sectors, I think.
> >
> > I got one:
> > How about running Debian for TWO YEARS without knowing about apt-get clean?
> > Yep...that's me. :(
> > I freed about 11G of /dev/hda; it was quite exciting at the time. :-p
>
> LOL!  I only discovered that fairly recently myself.  I got to looking around
> one day and noticed I still had all the packages from Woody in my cache.

Hmmm.  Back when I used dselect, I know that it asked if downloaded
.deb files were to be deleted.  I've used aptitude for a couple of
years and I know that there is a menu selection for cleaning the
package cache.  I don't use apt-get from the commandline, so I had to
look up the clean option as well.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of