Re: sql-ledger and postgresql: HOWTO?

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:44:38AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> > I found the documentation confusing to say the least.
>
> I agree with that.  (Once I got it working, I found sql-ledger to be
> cumbersome and not in my opinion suitable for use as an enterprise
> accounts system. )

Thanks for your reply.  This remark of yours makes me wonder whether
it is worth while to try it out.

> If any other database than sql-ledger is involved, the first of those
> two pg_hba.conf lines does not apply and the second is used instead.
> (If you weren't specifying any host at all, it would be trying a Unix
> socket connection rather than TCP/IP and neither of those lines would
> apply.)  I think that its first action is to create a database, so it is
> quite likely connecting to template1 first (since that is the only
> database it can be sure exists).  Try changing the database parameter of
> the pg_hba.conf line to "all".

Thanks for this.  That will help me to debug in the future.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it
      does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is
      not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps
      no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
      rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always
      trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
                                I Corinthians 13:4-7