Capturing all bootup messages

Hi All,

When my machine is booting up, I see some fatal error messages scrolling past very fast. Running dmesg does not show those messages, neither does /var/log/messages.

My question now is this: how can I record all those messages into a log file or, how can I pause the system to read those message? Pressing control-C or shift-break does not pause the system.

I am running debian Sarge if that is relevant. Your help in this regard will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Ogya

Highlight key phrases on any Web page - download MSN Toolbar! http://toolbar.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2083