Re: root file system has unknown type

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:05:13 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:
>
>> Anyone knows whats causing the root file system to be displayed as
>> unknown?
>
> Filesystem corruption most likely.

No, not unless a very large fraction of this mailing list's readership
are suddenly experiencing filesystem corruption.  A ton of people here
have gone and looked for this on their own machines and seen it;
there's been a half a dozen threads about this in the last two months.
I've seen it on my machine at least since I installed 2.4.26, and
possibly a little earlier.  But other than the odd message in "mount",
for my tiny root partition only, I'm not experiencing any FS issues at
all (and I work my machine hard); and none of the 20+ other people that
have noticed this on their machines in the last month are complaining
of any other problems either.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)