Re: alternatives to NIS and NFS

Paul William wrote:

NIS and NFS are differen tissues. What's your problem withNFS?

Can't anyone with a knoppix cd create the right uids/users and mount the users home directory without any authentication?

Fair comment. I control my LANs, but I see how I could lose control.

If samba can authenticate against LDAP maybe I could use samba to share the home directorys?

Samba's not a goer. Doesn't do Unix permissions. It's a Windows/OS/2 sharing scheme.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait