Re: creating audio-cd image from mp3/wav

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 12:07:59PM -0500, Brad Sims wrote:
> On Saturday 31 July 2004 8:04 am, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > Does it create a raw image for you for an audio project ? (could be that
> > I missed something or that it was a buggy version).
>
> I sit corrected... when I tell it to make an image it just gives
> me the wavs as well :/ I guess that's what I get for not trying it first.
>
> I /does/ do the right thing on data cds though...

I know that, its probably because k3b, just like at least most if not
all other cd burning software, uses mkisofs to create the image for data
cd, which can either write the image to hard-disk or pipe it on directly
to the cd recording programs. For audio cds it uses cdrdao or cdrecord
which can only write the data directly to cdrom from .wav, .au or raw
files (no header).

I guess there is no way around implementing this on my own (either
fully or hacking into cdrecord).