Re: How to Move from 1 drive to another?

Marc Wilson wrote:

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 01:12:35PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
That would go to explain why _some_ manufacturers say the master goes on this connector, the slave on that.

Actually, the UDMA spec would go to explain *that*.

This comment inspired me to go googling. The best info I've found is this:
http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK/F_IDE-tech.html#IDETECH_005

I don't see how CS can work.

Just after that, I found a PDF from
http://www.t13.org/#published

The actual one I read is for ATA-3. Pin 28 (40 and 44-pin cables) is redesignated to CSEL (cable select). Both drives must support it with a 1Kohm pull-up resistor.

That makes me happier about WD drives:-) I don't recall, though, that WD clarifies this issue on its website, and it should.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait