advice needed: CMS for constructing a CVS-based file library front end

I'm looking for advice on a CMS, ideally one available from Debian.  The
main purpose is to provide a nice front-end to a file library, enabling
users to upload, browse/search the contents, and download.  Other content
will eventually be provided also, but the file library is the main thing.
Ideally, either few restrictions should be placed upon the file library
structure, or (even better) the CMS should play well with CVS
repositories, because the downloadable files are to be drawn from a CVS
repository (unfortunately, I can't just have the users browse the CVS
repository directly).  Uploaded stuff will go into some sort of quota'd
dir, to be checked into CVS by admins as appropriate.  There are lots-o-
content management systems out there; I'm hoping someone here has some
personal experience with one that they suspect is a good fit for this,
so I can narrow my RTFMing/demoing down from a couple of dozen to a
few.

Thanks for any recommendations.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)