Re: How to Move from 1 drive to another?

Paul Gear wrote:

The crossover cables I have seen are for MFM drives and for floppy
disks. They have a section cable this has a twist in it. None of my ATA
cables, eithe r 40-pin or 80, has such a twist.

They don't have a twist.  They are just straight through cables.  The
difference is i think one line of the 80 onlygoes to the first connector.

That would go to explain why _some_ manufacturers say the master goes on this connector, the slave on that.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait