Re: I hate it when that happens...

Silvan wrote:

On Sunday 01 August 2004 12:56 pm, Silvan wrote:

Another stupid luser trick. Don't do a package install that restarts CUPS while you're in the middle of printing a 200-page double-sided document, and you're halfway through the second side.

Yerk.  I can't believe I did that.

Actually, Ithink I'd rather Debian didn't stop servers before updating them. I regularly update all my Sarge boxes at once.

One of them is running my Squid cache, and the others tend to fall in a heap about then.

I'm sure that stopping them first is technically correct, but later would be better for those that don't indulge in loading stuff dynamicall all the time.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait