Re: Tasksel is not what it was....

Keith O'Connell wrote:
> 	Where can I find out what files comprised;
>
> 		lsb

The lsb package.

> 		unix server

Too ill-defined to really be useful, but FWIW, it comprised these
packages:

 ssh
 telnetd
 talk
 talkd
 ytalk
 finger
 fingerd
 ftpd
 zsh
 tcsh
 pdksh
 screen
 telnet
 netcat
 traceroute
 mtr
 man-db
 manpages
 emacs21
 vim
 nethack-console
 bsdgames
 w3m
 sudo

> 		c and c++

I suspect that most of us doing development in C should have no trouble
installing individual packages as the need arrises. FWIW, the list was this:

 gcc
 cpp
 g++
 make
 binutils
 flex
 bison
 gettext
 glibc-doc
 manpages-dev
 stl-manual
 autoconf
 automake1.7
 autoproject
 libtool
 indent
 cutils
 liwc
 cflow
 patch
 cvs
 strace
 ltrace
 gdb
 nowebm
 c2man
 cxref
 subversion

> 		python

The content of this package was essentially random and useless. Install
python, python-doc, python-dev and add whatever pyton modules you like to work
with and you'll do much better.

> 		java

Again I suspect a java developer would rather pick his own tools, but:

 gcj
 java-common
 java2html
 libservlet2.2-java