Re: broken exim4-config

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 04:08:41AM -0700, J. Nopr wrote:
> Hi all.  I am trying to set up exim4 to send mail out through my dsl
> provider's smarthost.

[...]
[text wrapped - *please* wrap your lines.]

> Now When I insatll exim4*, I immediatly get an error, starting at
> exim4-config.
>
> junopr@DebianVoyager% sudo dpkg --configure exim4-config
>  [/etc/exim4]
> Setting up exim4-config (4.32-2) ...
> Error: Unsplit config selected and /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template
>  missing ... exiting
> dpkg: error processing exim4-config (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  exim4-config
>
> Can somebody send me the exim4.conf.template file?  Also, any good links

You already have it. It is part of the exim4-config package.  It sounds
like your installation is confused.  Perhaps you need to re-install
exim4-config.  Maybe try:
	apt-get --reinstall install exim4-config

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.