Re: fetchmail and syslog

Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote in message news:<2gqRT-3bc-5@gated-at.bofh.it>...
[. . .]
> In the FM page I did a search on log.  Maybe this is what you want.
[. . . ]
> The  -L  <filename> or --logfile <filename> option (keyword: set logfile)
> allows you to redirect status messages [. . .]

Thank you, Wayne!   But, in fact, I recently switched from --logfile to --syslog,
because I wanted timestamps.  The logs emitted with the --logfile option don't
have timestamps.  Syslogd seems to add timestamps to the messages before
writing them.

Also, I wanted to learn how to control desitinations of syslog messages not
only for fetchmail but also for other cases.

Thanks anyway,
Ryo