Re: Gnome configuration

Hi!

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 08:04:59PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> My problem is that I use gnome-terminal to run an instance of
> mutt to read my email. I like gnome-terminal for this because
> email hot links to web pages are highlighted and underlined *and*
> if I cntrl-click on the hot-link, it starts a web browser and
> opens the URL.

> But, it used to be that the browser was selectable via alternatives.
> Now it seems not to be.

Gnome 2.6 hit sarge recently, didn't it?

What does
    # update-alternatives --display x-www-browser
say?  I wouldn't be surprised to find that epiphany listed as the top
priority in your case...

You can change it by:

    # update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

> I'm pretty sure that this is not a function of mutt.

Correct. It's the terminal emulator. Or urlview depending on how you
use it.

> It doesn't seem to exist if I run mutt in a different terminal
> emulation window.

which other terminal emulators have you tried?  (Just curious: the only
one that i know of that will handle hyperlinks is gnome-terminal...)

> I have hacked a change that works: I replaced /usr/bin/epiphany with a
> soft-link of the same name that points to opera. But this is really a
> bad way to do what I want.

Very very bad indeed. But it probably works :-)

> TIA

Total information awareness!?

--
Karl E. Jørgensen