Re: Music Services

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 03:22:43PM -0400, Ryan Waye wrote:

Hi,
wow someone who even uses gmail against all privacy concerns ...

> I was wondering if there were any music services (napster, rhapsody,
> itunes, etc) that work on linux.
I heard about a perl script able to use Apples itunes shop. Use google
maybe it works but as normal the vendors don't support Linux.

>  Also,  where can I find a media
> player that can play .wmv files?
The mplayer packages from Christian Marillat are able to handle that.
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ (unstable|testing|stable) main
Donno exactly about the stable packages but the unstable packages have
working wmv support.

>  I know that they are horrible (All
> my ripped stuff is oog), but I have to use them because of the hated
> DRM rules.
Hm I guess DRM protected wmv files will not work with mplayer. I don't
own such a crap.

HTH
Sven
--
It ain't so bad bein' alone if you know it'll never last nothing lasts forever
'cept the certainly of change and love's the same It's a game with simple rules