Re: Anyone do DV editing (Kino and Cinelerra)?

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:48:10PM -0400, H. S. wrote:
> >Ok, so I can use kino or dvgrab --format qt to export to .mov, BUT
> >there's no audio.  dbgrap reports:
> >
> >  quicktime_encode_audio_stub called
>
> I get this too but I am not sure what this means. Here is my sample:
> quicktime_delete_acodec_stub called

The problem is libquicktime1 doesn't seem to be compiled correctly on
Debian -- the plugin directory is not set right and so the library
can't find the audio library (thus is showing that default message).

There's a bug report listed on libquicktime1 if curious.

> There was a post a couple of days ago about home movies and DVD burning.
> But apart from that I am afraid it looks as though not many Debian users
> are interested in this kind of thing.

Search google for "cinelerra tutorial" -- there's only a few.  I found
one that explained about creating a DVD.

That ibook of my friends with imovie is looking nice now... ;)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org