Lag, Synaptics and sticky keys, and other issues

I finally got debian in a semi-workable state on my laptop. Yah!
I will work on a howto and post it soon. In the mean time I still have a couple of issues.

My laptop is a Toshiba M35 s320 series with a Centrino processor, synaptics touchpad, and nvidia Geforce fx 5200. I installed sid with a 2.6.6 kernel and Nvidia's modules. I then installed gnome for some general apps (snd mixer, etc) and enlightenment for my window manager.

Now I was using my new os when I noticed that browsing (firefox), e-mail (thunderbird), and generally the whole system lagged, so I did a Dist-upgrade to unstable. That fixed my thunderbird. My firefox is still slow in loading pictures and when I change windows on X and type there is like a 3 second delay. Also, my keyboard acts extremely weird with the shift, ctl, and alt keys (they stick) but no other keys really stick. Any ideas?

Also when I changed from sid to unstable, my synaptics stopped working with the new driver. I re-installed the the synaptics driver and no go. Any ideas?

Finally, I would really like to have a higher resolution on my console. however in grub when I change the boot parameter to vga=789 or vga =791 I get a blank screen. Help :)

Thanx in advance.

Paul