libxine1 or xserver-xfree86 bug? (Was: on sarge xine crashes X)

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:37:22AM +1000, Darryl Luff wrote:
> >Sven Heinicke wrote:
> >
> >>About a week ago a new XFree86 came out for sarge.  Since the xine
> >>(and gxine) crashes X, and I get no useful error messages.
> >>

> I'm also having this problem. I've tried deleting .xine but it didn't
> help. I've also tried removing the win32 codecs and got the same
> problem. When I use xine (or other players based on it) X exits.
>
> But, if I run 'Xnest :1', then run 'DISPLAY=:1 xine'. It runs fine (if a
> bit slow) inside the nested window. I'm not sure what this means? My
> machine is a Compaq armada with an ATI rage/mobility driver. Another
> machine with an nVidia card seems fine.

I'm having Darryl's problem, and have gained more insight.  I went
through the `Section "Module"' of my XF86Config-4 file and commented
out one module at a time until it worked.  Not loading the extmod
module prevented X from crashing.  But SHAPE, XVideo and probably
other extension are also lost.  While shape is just vanity, the XVideo
extension seems useful for xine, but it at least plays.  When running
gxine I now get:

	Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".

I'm willing to file a Debian bug report if one isn't already filed,
but what package?  I guess xserver-xfree86 or libxine1?