Re: on sarge xine crashes X

Kent West wrote:
Sven Heinicke wrote:

About a week ago a new XFree86 came out for sarge.  Since the xine
(and gxine) crashes X, and I get no useful error messages.
I had xine crashes also. I found that by deleting my ~/.xine directory the crashing problem went away.

I'm also having this problem. I've tried deleting .xine but it didn't help. I've also tried removing the win32 codecs and got the same problem. When I use xine (or other players based on it) X exits.

But, if I run 'Xnest :1', then run 'DISPLAY=:1 xine'. It runs fine (if a bit slow) inside the nested window. I'm not sure what this means? My machine is a Compaq armada with an ATI rage/mobility driver. Another machine with an nVidia card seems fine.