Re: apt-get install problem

Umar,

Are you running Woody? AMSN isn't available from 'stable'  sources,
and also has dependencies that are not available from 'stable'
sources. As far as I know, you'll have to do quite a bit of messing
around with various packages to get it working. I'm not very
experienced, though, so there may be an easier way that I do not know
of.

One alternative is GAIM, which is available from 'stable' apt sources.
It has a plugin that will let you connect to MSN.

Good luck,

James Foster