Re: Configuring kdm

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 06:49:33PM -0300, Rafael Alexandre Schmitt wrote:
> Simon Huggins wrote:
> >On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 07:17:00PM -0600, number18@spymac.com wrote:
> >>I recently installed xfce4 in my woody system. Now I want to have the
> >>option to select the xfce4 window manager in my kdm menu. How can I do
> >>it? Anybody, could help me please?
> >This is a still outstanding bug in kdm.
> >See bug #247365
> >I'm not sure why it's still outstanding though.
> This works fine form me:

> | NAME=XFce4
> ICON=xfce4.png
> EXEC=/usr/bin/startxfce4
> DESC=The bleeding edge
> SCRIPT:
> exec /usr/bin/startxfce4|

> I put it on my .xinitrc.

If you have a .xinitrc and choose to use that from *dm then it'll all
work fine.

The point is it should work out of the box when you just apt-get install
kdm and xfce4 but it doesn't.

Simon.

--
UK based domain, email and web hosting ***/    "Life... Don't talk to me /*
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/     **/      about life..." - Marvin /**