Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

On 2004-06-22, Jules Dubois penned:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:38:51 -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
>
>> On Monday 21 June 2004 12:03, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>>> If you're trying to avoid any downtime or difficulty whatsoever, run
>>> stable and live with the age of the packages.
>>
>> Not exactly promoting Debian, are we?
>
> She is.  Debian stable is an excellent argument in favor of running a
> Debian release.  There's no other distribution or flavor providing its
> reliability or availability.

Indeed.  I actually meant my statement to be in support of the stable
distribution.  I guess I should have made that clearer.

Still, no one benefits from having blinders over their eyes.  Stable is
the most stable, and it's also the least current.  I don't see how it
could be any other way.  They're on opposite ends of the same spectrum.

>> Others here, however, are doing a much better job.
>
> You've missed the point and owe an apology.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but it's okay.  Everyone's entitled
to a cranky day once in a while.

--
monique