Re: Debian testing vs unstable for home workstation?

On 11 Jun 2004, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (11/06/04 07:29), Adam Funk wrote:
> > I've been using Debian testing on my home workstation for a while now
> > and am generally happy with it, but I understand there are some
> > disadvantages in comparison with unstable, such as recency of security
> > updates.  I suppose the name "unstable" puts me off, since I work from
> > home a lot and need a functional computer all the time.  What would be
> > the positive and negative effects of switching to unstable?
> Hi Adam
>
> There was an extensive thread on this subject a while ago which pretty
> much covered all the arguments sid v sarge with input from some of the
> most knowledgeable people on the list:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/04/msg10262.htm
>
> Regards
>
> Clive

Following that discussion I took the plunge and started following
unstable instead of testing. This was a couple of months ago now, I
think; nothing terrible has happened (yet!).

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic