Re: sarge dvd iso

Hi Jacques,

If you wish to try Sid - and can read French, I suggest you have a look at the document located here:

    http://people.via.ecp.fr/~alexis/formation-linux/

I hope you will apreciate the quality of this (GPL licensed) document.

BTW: I'd appreciate anyone indicating me an equivalent document in English, Esperanto or whatever ;-)

Cheers,
Sylvain.

Jacques wrote:
Hi there,

I'm a slackware user interested in trying Debian so I'm currently downloading the dvd iso from fsn.hu ftp site.

1. Can anyone let me know if this iso is an installable debian image ? I grabbed the sid dvd iso but it ain't install. Someone told me it is to upgrade a GNU/Linux box from woody or sarge to sid.

2. Which version of kde and Qt is in sarge ? I need Qt >= 3.2.3 (and possibly Qt3.3 would be better) for a work on an free documentation project (regarding C++ programming).

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jacques