CUPS + FireFox: printing with a2ps

I can't say I am very happy with the printing support in Firefox. It
does find CUPS and XPrint printers (or maybe it's XPrint that finds the
CUPS printers), but what I'd really like is to print two pages on each
side (ala 'a2ps -2'). Anyone who knows how I can achieve that?

I guess the available options would be

 1. Make Firefox use a2ps. (This would be ideal actually.)
 2. Somehow configure a CUPS printer that does it. (I can't find
    anything relating to this in the CUPS administrators manual.)
 3. Configure XPrint. (This piece of software is a mystery to me. Looked
    for info but found very little in the way of configuration
    information.)

System info:

 Debian Sid
 CUPS printers (raw ldp since there is a remote spooler):
   bern
   escher
 XPrint printers:
   escher@:64
   bern@:64
   xp_ps_spooldir_tmp_Xprintjobs@:64
   xp_pdf_spooldir_tmp_Xprintjobs@:64

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

     -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania.