Re: [OT] Yahoo's Antispam proposal

Incoming from Katipo:
> My point is that in being more highly evolved, human beings are capable
> of discerning where the point of suicide lies. This is where the
> 'Tragedy' scenario fails. When a shared dependency upon a particular set

What a load of crap.  The point of the 'Tragedy of The Commons' is
that regardless of whether we _can_ choose differently, we generally
_don't_ choose differently, since why the Hell should we?  It's not
_mine_, so why would I care about it?  It's not anybody else's either,
so nobody else is going to change.  If I change, I lose.  I've nothing
to gain by changing, since no one else is going to change as they have
nothing to gain by changing.

Public Housing invariably turns into slums because no one owns it.
Slums sold to the tenants turn into neighborhoods, because ownership
encourages responsible stewardship.

This is the kind of BS that gives economics a bad name.  Inventing
mythical beings that you call "human" doesn't mean they're going to
act like real humans.

- -