Re: Recommendation on Digital Cameras that work well with linux....and...

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:27:18PM -0400, H. S. wrote:
> Apparently, _Elie De Brauwer_, on 05/10/04 13:55,typed:
>

> >I have a hp photosmart 735, on the camera i can configure it so it
> >behaves as a usb storage device which can be mounted like any pendrive.
> >Haven't tried any other setting (why should I as long as i can view
> >my pictures), I'm also using gqview for browsing them.
> >
> >greetings
>
> I use the storage method to read my MiniDV camcorder memory (Sony memory
> stick). With hotplug, I don't need to worry about any entry in
> /etc/fstab and no need to mount or unmount the device. I would use
> gphoto2 with Sony camcorder too, if only it would let me :)
>
> ->HS

Are you using udev? I also have a sony minidvd, and I didn't have any
problem using the memory stick until I installed udev. Since then, I
haven't figured out how to use my memory stick. I manage by streaming
the pics through the USB2 port. Just wandering, and hoping you would
have some ideas to share.
thank you.