Re: Mounting audio cds....

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:14:32AM -0700, Beretta wrote:
> BeOS also had a cdfs driver that allowed for direct ripping of cd audio tracks
> via a similar method. What the hell is wrong with using this patch to accomplish
> that?

You, too, should read the discussion of the patch, where it's revealed that
it does no error correction, no jitter correction, and no ability to deal
with a scratched disc.  It allows through all the problems that
applications like cdparanoia were created to fix.

I reiterate, if you're going to rip the disc, then get on with it already
and rip the disc.

--
 Marc Wilson |     University politics are vicious precisely because
 msw@cox.net |     the stakes are so small.  -- C. P. Snow