Re: graphic card problems

James Hosken wrote:

| | I've tying to configure xfree86 on a old PIII450, it running Sarge. It
| | has a on-board graphics card, the output from lspci is
| |
| | pcilib: Cannot open /sys/bus/pci/devices
| | 0000:00:00.0 Host Bridge: Intel Corp. 82810 GMCh [Graphics Memory
| | Controller Hub] (rev 03)
| | 0000:00:01.0 VGA compatable contrller: Intel Corp. 82810 CGC [Chipset
| | Graphics Controller] (rev 03)
| | And a few more devices.

Please can any one help here, i'm really getting no where with this.
I've just noticed in /var/log/XFree.log

(EE) GARTInit: Unable o open /dev.agpgart 9No such device)
(EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not avaliable. Make sure your kernel
has agpgart support ot that the agpgart kernek module is loaded.
<snip>
(EE) Screens(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I'm running the debian kernel 2.6.5-11686, surly this would have agpgart
support in it. I really don't know what I'm doing now, any one with any
other ideas?
Cheers
James

You might want to run "modconf" and look for the agp section for the i810 device, and install it. IIUnderstandC, you need both a kernel module for agpgart and an X module; I'm suspecting you don't have the kernel module installed.

--
Kent