Debian put into a broken state

I'm new to Debian, and this morning I put a half-way finished installation
into a broken state and I can't figure out how to get it back on track.

Basically, I was trying to get a KDE machine working, and this morning I added
non-free and contrib to my sources.list file so I could install the nvidia
driver.  I had the machine working primitively with networking+dhcpcd
working, but KDE wasn't running yet because I needed to install the nvidia
driver.  I had both testing and unstable sources in sources.list in order to
get KDE 3.2 installed.  After adding non-free and contrib to my sources this
morning, I ran apt-get update, dist-upgrade and upgrade, then apt-get install
nvidia-glx.  I rebooted the system after that to see how it would all go, and
at that point, things were pretty funky.  eth0 isn't up, I can't get dhcpcd
to start, and now I can't even get kdm to report anything in /var/log/kdm.log
nor XFree86 to report anything in /var/log/XFree86.0.log...they apparently
both die before they can even log anything.

What should I do to get things straightened back out?  What did I do to get
things into this state?

Just in case, I've included my /etc/apt/sources.list file.  Is there anything
else I should provide for reference?

	Sean O'Dell
deb ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main

#deb ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian/ testing main
#deb-src ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian/ testing main

#deb http://download.kde.org/testing/3.2/Debian testing main

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main