Re: exim "Frozen" messages?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:14:15AM -0500, stan wrote:
> I've got a smail mailserver using Debain and exim. I noticed that some
> messages have stoped getting through. Looking in /var/log/exim/mailog, I
> see lot's of entries about messages being "frozen". What does this mean?
>
> And how can I further troubleshoot teh problem?

I had this problem the other day - in fact I'm not sure I don't
still have it.  Exim would send stuff if I was connected to the
Internet at the time of writing it, but would never retry if I
wrote it while offline.

I'm not sure if I did the right thing, but I deleted two lockfiles
in /var/spool/exim/db - in fact I deleted all the files in the
directory to prevent some embarrassingly old stuff getting out.