Re: ..OT: todo list

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:41:43 -0800,
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20040214074143.GF4998@ursine.ca>:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 05:01:15AM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > ..on my todo list.  First I need to get this list off mail and on
> > nntp, then I need to ease back on the time I spend on
> > http://groklaw.net/.
>
> Not hard if you're using spamassassin.  If you use mutt, you might
> want to add this to your .muttrc...

..it's procmail, and on nntp, it's either Gnus or Pan for me.  ;-)

> > ..I mean, I have wasted waaay too much time watching Groklaw play
> > "Watergate 2" on the SCO Group, and now Microsoft dumps the real
> > thing on us to cover up their last alledged code leak, or whatever,
> > just before that election of GWB, when Microsoft spoke of how their
> > source code was sent on email to Russia.   ;-)
>
> Whatever.  Not a conspiracy theorist.  I've been doing tech support
> and security too long to attribute malice when the actual culprit is
> stupidity.  8:o)

..amen!  ;-)    Lenin referred to it as 'useful'.  ;-)

> > ..initially, they spoke of 3 months, then eased off to 6 weeks or
> > somesuch and "no harm done" to their sources.  My understanding is
> > Microsoft's idea was support GWB and have him boot Judge Penfield
> > Jackson off their case.  "No papertrail."  ;-)
>
> Judge Penfield Jackson ruled during the Clinton administration, case
> closed.  No judge during this administration has had the balls to hold
> the ruling, though, unfortunately.  John Kerry isn't my first choice,
> but thank God he's going to be the next president.
>
> > ..and you whined about paper ballots in Florida?  Google.  ;-)
>
> Oregonians use paper ballots and vote by mail.

..very wise, it just leaves the remainder of the US in the dark,
and, with new opportunities for "your" _current_ choise.  ;-)

> Not that I approve of having to pay to vote (much less pay more to
> send in an official ballot than spammers pay to spew their shit via
> the postal service; reason enough alone that the USPS should be
> destroyed and reformed from scratch, bulk mailers charged extra, not
> less).

..it appears you _may_ have learned to know the alternative.

..and _that_ discussion really should go to http://groklaw.net/  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: