Unidentified subject!

Subject: Re: brainstorming: why Debian?
Bcc: ew@artemis.standalone
--text follows this line--

Hi Martin,

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to compile the reasons why people use/like/swear by
> Debian. I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know what
> makes you be part of the Debian crowd, in private mail (Reply-To
> set). Of course, I will send the results when they are complete to
> this list.
>
> Thanks,

why Debian?

There's no substitute for apt.

I managed to install Debian on an old micro system, e.g. 486 cpu,
50 MHz, 8 or 16 MB RAM, 850 MB disk, no CDrom. In other words:
there is GNU/Linux life for old hardware.

Stable means stable, even though some may prefer the term
``outdated''.

I can do all configuration with vi. Easy for me. YMMV.

I'm very impressed by the Debian effort.
A big ``Thank You!'' to all contributors!

Erich