Re: Adjusting the speed of mouse-wheel scrolling [repost]

Hi Kristian,

I think I'm having the same (or similar) problem as you. Pity no wise
linux-guru's out there have responded yet.

I've recently switched to using OpenBox and ROX-Session for my GUI/wm.
However, my situation seems a little different from yours, in that I can't
say I've noticed wheel scrolling speeds increase across all applications.
Rather, I've found that when I switch desktops in OpenBox using the mouse
wheel, it jumps by two desktops at a time.

However, if I use FluxBox instead of OpenBox, switching desktops with the
wheel works fine (1 scroll moves by 1 desktop). So originally I was thinking
it was just an OpenBox bug.

Was wondering if you assumed it was a system wide (kernel) issue, or whether
or not it's just an OpenBox bug.

Hopefully by relating my experience we can both come closer to a solution.

I've posted a bug report on the OpenBox bugzilla site.

Note: I'm running Mandrake 9.2, not debian. But if this problem is a result of
the latest kernel (I'm running 2.4.22-26) then we're both in the same boat.

PS - If you could reply to my email address (as well as the list) that would
be helpful, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Regards,

--
John Clark, Engineering and Design Manager
LPG Measurement Technology Pty. Ltd.