Re: A letter for Mr. Darl McBride - personal use

Brett Carrington writes:
> Music artists expect royalties programmers expect wages...

These people are creating their works as part of some sort of bargain.

> ...or in GPL'd code, license compliance...

I release my software under the GPL.  However, users do not need to agree
to the GPL because under US copyright law legal possession of a copy gives
them all the rights they need.

> I don't think the majority of leaches are in good karma-standing w.r.t
> this.

I inferred that you were calling those who use Free Software without
"giving back" leaches.  That is what I responded to.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)