Re: A letter for Mr. Darl McBride

On Sunday 01 February 2004 03:47 pm, rthoreau@iwon.com wrote:
> Ok I am sorry for all the rant, if I have personally insulted anyone
> I am sorry.

When you use free software, you are giving something back when you
spread the word, and when you redistribute as GPL says you should do.

What bothered me is that Nano's "parable" seems to lead to the
conclusion of "shut up and be happy you have anything at all", and
likened free software developers to people making illegal copies of
proprietary works, in defense of SCO and their approach.

If I misinterpreted it, please accept my apology.