Adjusting the speed of mouse-wheel scrolling [repost]

My mouse started to act a bit differently after updating to kernel 2.6. Otherwise it's quite nice (the differences, I mean), but the mouse-wheel scroll is a bit too fast.

For instance I can't switch desktops in openbox by mouse-wheel-scrolling, because it scrolls too fast... (The scroll-speed has increased overall, not just in openbox.)

So any ideas on how to adjust it?

Reposting since the last one didn't receive any replies.
The accelerated scroll-speed is really annoying.

h: Kristian