Re: Only use security-updates?

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 01:53:59AM +0100, Alexander Fitterling said
> Hello everyone.
>
> Be a minimalist - could one use the /etc/apt/sources.list with only
> the security line added?

Sure.

> (for instance: deb
> http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main non-free)

Sarge doesn't get security updates.

> If I did not update the entire packages on regular basis with any
> mirror available, does the only line above still makes sense?

Sure, but you'll out on other (non-security) bugfixes that might come
down.  Assuming you mean stable, anyway.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:            Mossad USDOJ lynch blackjack cryptographic AUTODIN