Re: Exim vs Procmail (was: Sendmail vs Exim vs Others)

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 12:45:04PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Pigeon:
> >
> > exim -bm. Useful if you want to avoid having to learn
> > Sanskrit^Wprocmail.
> >
> > For example, the following is what I use to strip the advertising from
> > Yahoo Groups mailing list traffic:
>
> Oh yes, that's far simpler than learning Sanskrit^Wprocmail.  Yesiree,
> Bob!  You betcha!  Uh-huh!  :-P

OK, my example could have been better chosen :-) Serves me right for
trying to provide something that was useful instead of just exemplary!

> I'm not dissing exim here; indeed, this has been interesting.  I
> just think procmail's getting a pretty bad, and undeserved, rap from
> this.

I don't think I'm trying to say "don't use procmail". Just that
there's more than one way to skin a cat. Which is one of the things I
like about Linux. I had the choice between "figure out procmail" and
"use bash / ed / exim which I already know"; I took the easy way out.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons